Mt. Kailash is a mysterious mountain for travelers. But for Buddhist, Hindus and Bonpo faithful it is the abode of God Shiva; it is their sacred land. Kailash peak and Manasarover Lake are situated at 4500 meter above sea level; it is at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahamaputra and Karnali. Despite it’s barren and dry features the lake and the mountain has magnetic influence to devotees and visitors alike. The journey starts from Simikot, travel to Yari, cross a high pass at Nara La and descend to HumlaKarnali River to reach the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath. Drive to the region’s trading center at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the plateau. The sky there is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot drive to Manasarover Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailash and drive back to the border for the return trek to Nepal.
- Itinerary Overview
- Detailed Travel Plan
- Included / Excluded
- Travel Notes
- Departure Dates
No Itineary Found For This Trip
No Itineary Found For This Trip
- In Nepal Hotel with Breakfast
- Sightseeing, Entrance fees, All the transfer
- Accommodation in double room basis, or Tent
- Full board for entire tour
- All entry fees to the sites and monasteries
- All necessary Tibet entry and road permits
- 1 Local Tibetan English speaking guide
- Transportation by 4500 Toyota landcruiser& 1 Support truck for camping equipments& staffs
- Professional cook and assistants
- All camping equipemtns except sleeing bags
- Different kinds of snacks including dried and fresh fruit, biscuit, cheese,candies, chocolate etc during the trek,
- All camping fees
- Kailash and Mansarovor conservation fee
- Pack Yaks and Yak men for the trek
- Oxygen incase needed
- All the personal expenses
- Bar bills, tips
- Any emergency rescue, any extra cost caused by Nature, like landslide, Rain, accidents,
1. This trip operates at altitudes over 3500m (max altitude 5630m). Whilst we travel slowly allowing plenty of time to acclimatise you may experience headaches, nausea, lethargy on arrival in Lhasa. It is important to be aware of the affects of altitude on one's tolerance especially on long driving days. 2. Accommodation in western Tibet (particularly at Everest Base Camp) is extremely basic - only multi share rooms may be available and little or no running water. Basic pit toilets. 3. The sun is intense - hat and sun screen are essential as well as drinking plenty of water as altitude exacerbates dehydration
You need to Bring:
Passport (with photocopies)
Photos for Nepal visa on arrival
Travel insurance (with photocopies)
Airline tickets (with photocopies)
USD cash and travellers cheques
Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
Wet wipes / Moist towelettes
Hand sanitizing lotion
Sun hat, Sun block, Sunglasses
Moisturizer, Lip balm
Water bottle, Plastic mug, Cutlery
walking shoes/Sport sandals
Shorts for summer months (June – September)
Hiking pants/track pants
Warm clothes for April-November. Hat and gloves Wool jumper / sweater / fleece.Lightweight during summer, 1 heavyweight or 2 lightweights during winter months.Down jackets in winter.Umbrella or waterproof jacket.
Cover for backpack or plastic bags to keep clothes dry or dustfree.
Camera and film
Reading/writing material, cassettes/CDs or other entertainment for long travel days.
First-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking).
Laundry No laundry .. you can wash yourself. Visas CHINA – Expert Asian Tours and Travel from Nepal will arrange a group visa for China. This is the only way groups may enter China from Kathmandu.
NEPAL - All foreign nationals (except Indians) require a visa to enter Nepal. Visas are obtainable from embassies abroad or on arrival at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan airport. If getting the visa at the airport be prepared for long queues. You will also need to provide one passport photo and the following fees in US dollars cash only: single entry visa valid for 15 days - US $25: Single Entry Visa for 30 days - US $40 and multiple entry visa valid for 90 days - US $100
Money: You can change in Hotel or in Bank.
ATM: in Lhasa you can use.
Weather: Most of the time Cold.
Best time: May-September.
Note : Tibet tour can be cancelled in very Short notice, so please prepare for Alternative Program.
|Departure Date||Avaibility||Price||Note||Book Trip|
No Departure Dates Found.